Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Thoughts worth more thoughts

For You

It’s hard to read a life in a moment,
Yet so many people try.
But judgment without revelation,
Is a blind substitute for truth.

So many people rant against conformity
And then live by it.
I’ve formed a strengthened character outside their box
Can’t you see it, or do you crave their world?

Death breeds perfection and idols,
Other losses, much the same.
I never claimed to tread the skies with the angels,
But I’ll give you the world inside my heart.

It’s hard to do the right thing,
When the thing that saved you before was wrong.
It is the fear of all that could be that makes us run,
Because we know exactly what we could loose.

So now I’ll face that pain I knew before,
But this time I’ll stay.
Not because I’m stronger or better in anyway,
But for you.

No comments: