Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Alone in a Crowd

There I was, surrounded by people in a bustling Barnes & Noble. There I was having just hung up the phone with a friend, about to skim what I hoped would be a good book. There I was, feeling completely alone.

Taking note of my feelings, I "googled" about the topic. (I mean, it is 2006 after all..). After a brief search, I came across this site. Quote: "Emotions are a good tool, but a poor master. Instead, we can trust God."

I know it seems like a simple idea, but it was a truly profound thought to me. Too often I let my current set of circumstances affect my outlook on life. Instead of letting my emotions make me feel lonely and abandoned in a room full of people, I should use this to effect change in my life. What change, I'm not sure...that will come through prayer...but change nonetheless.

No comments: