Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A noteworthy, historical thought

From Page Six writer Liz Smith:

IF YOU ever imagined what it was like when Marie Antoinette rode the tumbrel to the guillotine, you need only survey the intense interest and joy conveyed by the media and most of the public as Paris Hilton in handcuffs was dragged backed to court and jail last week. She hadn't escaped incarceration with a nail file tucked into a spinach salad, but you'd think she'd done that and shot a dozen cops to boot the way cable TV spasmed gleefully.
Fair enough. Marie represented something monstrous to the French people at the time, and I suppose Paris represents something similar. To the press? To Hollywood? To the nation? Not sure really, but interesting.

In other news: Studying for the Texas Bar Exam absolutely sucks. No other way to put it. (And here I though I was done when I got my J.D.!)

No comments: