Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Pastoral Advice

In one of his daily emails, my pastor was discussing Acts 1:8. "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."

He goes on to say: Being a witness sharing Jesus Christ in the power of the Holy Spiritis the supreme service of every child of God. It is not only a mark of spiritual maturity, but it is also a means of developing that spiritual and Christian maturity. In Mark 1:17, Jesus said, "Follow me, and I will make you become fishers of men." If you're following, you should be fishing!

He ended the email saying that if you are following Christ, then you should be fishing for men.

Apologizing in advance for the sarcasm, I must say...Dude, what do you think women have been doing for centuries?? Fishing! For men! I think it is about time we re-stocked the lake since I've taken the only good fish in there! ;)

No comments: