Sunday, December 19, 2004

Post Exam

I keep reading and hearing different things that people did to study for exams. It worries me immensly because it makes me think I am going to fail. I really don't want to fail. I have never failed before. But this is the first time I really think I stand a chance. Then again, I didn't know anything else to do to study for exams. You see, I didn't make tons of flash cards. I found increasingly they were a waste of time. And I didn't look at every old outline that was out there; that wasn't nearly as effective and trying to construct my own. The more I think about it, the more things I could have done so differently. There is always next semester, provided that my grades aren't so low that I get a letter from the Dean saying, "Don't bother to try again." There are things that I did do. I read all of the can briefs available! And I said lots of prayers. And I talked to people who weren't doing as much as me to make myself feel better. I made sure I had all of the black letter rules of law down. And I looked ahead to next semester to decide the things I would do differently. Like, reading all the cases and not just most of them. And, focusing on the big picture all the time rather than worry about the tiny little facts of the case the professor might catch me and make me look stupid for all of 6 seconds. Yes, my life as a first semester One L was difficult...mostly because I had no clue what I needed to be doing. But now that I have a clue...well...I'm hoping that I make it to next semester to implement my new found clueness.

No comments: